Under the general direction of the Construction Manager, the Structures Superintendent will assist with the planning and schedule activities for the construction and/or repair of heavy civil engineering works including Concrete and Formwork, including supporting Formwork Design, Paving, Drainage, Utility and other associated works. The Structures Superintendent is responsible to support the overall Project requirements that works are safely completed on schedule and on budget in compliance with the contract requirements. All work must be performed safely, efficiently and completed to the highest standards of quality and workmanship.
- Assist in monitoring construction work schedules including look ahead schedules;
- Assist in coordinating subcontractors, arrange and attend subcontractor coordination
- Knowledge of traffic management and traffic control;
- Assist to mobilize the assigned resources in order to safely and effectively achieve project completion;
- Assist in keeping and maintaining the daily site diary and appropriate records;
- Assist in inventory control of all materials, plant and equipment assigned to the Project and ensure any relevant calibration and safety maintenance records are current;
- Prepare reports as per the project procedures manual and requirements of the contract;
- Ensures that the construction work is performed in accordance with the contract documents and to acceptable standards of quality and workmanship including company QC Plan.
- Ensures work is carried out in accordance with company safety policy including OHSA, Provincial and Federal legislation and labour agreements.
- Take part in design reviews as part of the construction team;
- Ensure that the Quality Management Plan procedures are followed in full including sign-off on requests for inspections and any corrective measures required;
- Follow current codes of conduct as per the company standards and the contract;
- Keep the Construction Manager informed of significant developments on the project;
- Provide respective input to project commercial processes as required;
- Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor;
- Deliver the Construction aspects of the Project to meet Quality, safety, environmental requirements in compliance with the Contract specifications, schedule and Budget.
- Promote Safety on the project.
- Works under general supervision, having contact with supervisors on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Understands and can follow requirements to meet safety, quality, environmental, schedule and budget requirements of the project.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 10 years of related experience in Heavy Concrete Formwork, or an equivalent combination of formal education and relevant experience.
- Red Seal certification in Carpentry is an asset.
- Experience with hoisting and rigging.
- Experience in a similar role on major civil engineering design-build projects preferably on Infrastructure or P3 project.
- Proven track record of ability, backed up with acceptable references.
- Trade background in Carpentry is required.
- Ability to understand and work with engineering and technical drawings as well as Project Schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is an asset, but not required.
- Some computer skills, preferably MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 /year
- Superintendent: 8 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)